The Children’s Advocacy Network is excited to announce that we are safely re-opening all CASA offices and preparing for our CASA Volunteers to schedule in-person visits! As we move forward, safety is paramount for all families, volunteers, staff, and everyone our agency may come in contact with. As an agency, we want to inform our community that measures have been put in place for staff and volunteers to follow so that health and safety is ensured for all.
In efforts to protect all CAN associates and the community we serve, the Children’s Advocacy Network has implemented an agency wide re-entry plan that consists of protocols that each office will follow.
Agency Status as of Tuesday, May 26th:
Effective until further notice, CASA Volunteers will be sure to:
- Our agency has re-opened all offices and has staggered staff schedules. We are continuing to utilize a strategy that allows us to serve children in need, safely.
- All employees have been trained and informed on the agency’s re-entry plan, policy and procedure.
- Volunteers will be trained on the re-entry plan before any in-person visits are scheduled.
- Staff members are also working from home and are available via phone/email.
- At this time, we have requested that no staff or volunteers travel outside of Central Louisiana; if there is travel outside of the region, staff/volunteer must quarantine for 14 days.
- Volunteer Training is continuing virtually; next training begins June 8th!
Thank you for helping us keep safety a priority as we move forward!
- Call and schedule appointments for face-to-face contact with children and families.
- Ensure the health of all by completing a Screening Checklist no more than 24 hours prior to contact, and reschedule if anyone is sick, experiencing symptoms, and/or has been exposed to the virus.
- Only visit placements within Central Louisiana at this time. This includes Rapides, LaSalle, Avoyelles, Winn, Grant, Catahoula, Concordia and Vernon Parishes.
- Wear a mask and gloves/use hand sanitizer, as well as practice social distancing during visits.
- Refer to Info-gram to reference all expectations. Can be found on our Covid-19 Information Resources page.